Welcome

Comics (or, less commonly, sequential art) is a form of visual art consisting of images which are commonly combined with text, often in the form of speech ...

comics

Around Comics - The Comic Book Podcast

Rudy Park

Saturday, June 2, 2007

Honey & Clover to replace Nana

Anime News Network reports that Honey & Clover will replace Nana in Shojo Beat after the August issue. Baby & Me will be replaced by Harukanaru Toki no Naka de (usually abbreviated Haruka) after the October issue. Both departing titles will continue in the graphic novel line.

I can’t seem to find much on the Haruka manga series, just the dating sim it’s based on. However, it’s got to be more interesting than Baby & Me - a title I hadn’t bothered to read since the first few issues of the magazine. (Then again, it could be as dull as Kaze Hikaru … another title I could never get into.) Still, I’m hopeful.

I’m actually looking forward to Honey & Clover; it’s gotten a fair amount of positive buzz and it seems interesting.

I’m not really happy about the magazine losing Nana, though. Yes, I realize that graphic novel only distribution will likely speed up the overall release for Nana; however, it always seems slower to have to wait two months (or a quarter, or whatever schedule they settle on) between releases rather than getting a new chapter every month.

No comments: